How to Do a Psychic Reading Without Cards or Tools
For the first four years of my career, I gave psychic readings using tarot cards. I was told by the first store I worked for that we had to use them. They came very naturally to me. After a while, I began to rely on the cards and felt as if I couldn’t do a reading if I didn’t have them.
So what did I do? I ditched the cards. I still love the tarot and have a few decks for sentimental reasons, but I wanted to elevate my ability after four years of using them. This was during my transition to vocal channelling as well. As I worked without the cards, my relationship to my higher self and Raina became much stronger.
I was reaching deeper within my own soul to cultivate my gift. It was a life changer on many levels. In the beginning, it felt bizarre not to use cards. I even lost a couple of clients who missed them.
But something magical happened. I gained better clients that were more willing to work on themselves, and my own spirituality began to grow again.
Are you ready to give it a try?
7 Steps to giving intuitive readings without cards
If you haven’t taken a class, I highly suggest it. We must create a direct connection to the higher self and TRUST their guidance without needing the outside validation of the cards or runes. If a class isn’t possible right now, follow these 7 steps below and practice as much as you can.
1. Meditate for at least 30 minutes before reading and ask your higher self to talk to you about the person you will be giving a reading for. You may doubt what you are receiving at first. This is where the trust comes in. Just receive without overthinking or doubting.
2. When you begin the reading, picture connecting chakras, particularly at the heart chakra. Ask the person to give you their name. When they begin to speak their name, breathe in their voice. Listen and ask your higher self to give you what is most important for this person’s highest good.
3. Now, speak the impressions or words. This is where you become an interpreter. You may only hear a word such as “marriage.” Feel into the word. Does it feel like they want marriage? Or does it feel like a troubled marriage?
4. Use feeling to interpret what you receive. The person will respond to what you are saying. I like to flush this out with them. If they don’t understand, ask your higher self for more information.
5. As you do this, you begin a conversation with your higher self. You will start to feel the next impression coming in and begin to talk about it. As you develop trust with your higher self, you trust their information. Because the information isn’t “yours”, it is no different than a person telling you things. This takes some getting used to, but will eventually become second nature.
6. Allow questions from your participant. After you’ve received a few subjects on your own, feel into their questions. When they ask a question, breathe in their voice just as you did before. The question will trigger an answer from your higher self.
7. Your ego will try to intervene when this is new. If it feels limited or you feel blocked, it is just your ego getting in the way. Breathe, ask them to step aside and try again. It is practice like any good skill is.
Raina and I have taught Intuitive Development for over 13 years. These steps are crucial and help to develop the ability without using tools. It is a stepping stone toward channelling as well. It is called “open channelling” when you receive intuitive guidance from the higher self in this way.
If you are ready for more in-depth training, take a look at our Sage Spiritual Foundation Course. This course lays the foundation for both higher self communication, intuition and more advanced development with spirit.
Trance Channel, Clairvoyant Healer and Spiritual Teacher, Lori Camacho, has been serving others with her gifts of clairvoyance and vibrational healing abilities since 2003. It was in 2007 that Lori began to spontaneously vocalize Raina, the wise consciousness she had memories of communicating with as a child. Together Lori and Raina have created many workshops, classes and writings.
This is so interesting because I’ve actually done the opposite. I started intuitive readings without cards, as it began to come to me through automatic writing. I added in the cards later as I developed a relationship with a specific deck. I don’t use Tarot but what are your thoughts about using angel cards in a reading?
Angel cards are an oracle card deck which is different from the tarot. The tarot tells more of a story and jogs your own intuition where oracle cards are more of a “what you see is what you get”. they are fine to use for yourself of course. Some readers use them. I prefer no tools myself and teach it this way. Ultimately reaching inside, instead of outside is the goal.
My name is Sharon,I would love to know more and also be trained for reading where to go
Great. A good first step would be to sign up for one of our free meditations or guides (if you haven’t already) and join the facebook community. We hold regular trainings. It starts with the Sage Spiritual Foundation Course. I’ll be doing a webinar about the program this coming Monday.